Last Updated: June 1st, 2020
As Canada continues to deal with the repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic, MACL is committed to playing our part in ensuring the health and wellbeing of our community.
We want to make sure that you are aware of what MACL is currently doing, and know that we do have plans in place to deal with situations such as this. The health of our employees and the people and families we serve is of utmost importance to us.
Our priority during this time is to keep both individuals and staff safe and healthy over the next months. As such, we are following the advice of our public health officials.
On the heels of the March 17, 2020 announcement by the Provincial Health Officer to suspend schools, MACL will be suspending Sandcastle Preschool and CYA Services following spring break, from March 30th until further notice.
Please click the link below to see our Pandemic Continuity Plan for information about how MACL is managing the current COVID-19 Pandemic:
There is a lot of information being shared on social media, but we encourage you to rely on credible sources for information and updates such as:
- Public Health Authority of Canada https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- BC Centre for Disease Control http://www.bccdc.ca/
- BC Ministry of Health https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/organizational-structure/ministries-organizations/ministries/health
- Government of Canada Travel Advisories https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/advisories
- World Health Organization (WHO) https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
- COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment Tool: https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
For Persons Served, their Families and Caregivers:
- Mar 22- COVID Related Leave of Absence Application form
- Akira notice
- Government of Canada Economic Support to Canadians: https://www.canada.ca/en/department-finance/economic-response-plan.html#business
- COVID-19 Toolkit for Direct Support Professionals: https://nadsp.org/covid-19resources/?fbclid=IwAR3qaZxRq7Xhe-UmhJWHnrmjAAdcfnhlw7stD5D-DxFjOxFi9Wupw4rmCQ8
- LifeWorks: login.lifeworks.ca
- Daily working from home tracking form: https://forms.gle/MsZ7pugb3FoMHA6Y8
- March 2020 availability https://forms.gle/2pjhzGJGvrAtyPoH7
- April 2020 availability https://forms.gle/5hPzcFb4nFif7Eht7